Pages

Sunday 10 June 2018

English: Merchant of Venice -- Can Do's

Vocabulary: Venture - A risky adventure/journey
Vessel: A ship or large boat
Signior: An Italian man usally of rank - Used as title as equivalent to Mr.
Mortifying: Cause someone to be very embarrased
Profound: A state, quality or emotion that's very intense
Exhortation: An Address or communication emphatically urging someone to do something
Virtuous: Having or showing great moral standards\
Squandered: Waste something in a reckless foolish manner

Research: 


  • Venice is built on more than 100 small islands
  • It has no roads but canals
  • There are Gondolas in Venice
  • Venice has been built around 1000 years ago

Facts - Source

Things to Do:

  • Visit Piazza San Marco (Principal Public Square)
  • Visit Doge's Palace (Hosts exhibitions)
  • Go to the Grand Canal (Forms one of the major water-traffic corridors)
  • Go to the Rialto Bridge (One of the oldest bridges)



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.