Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2019

Social Science - Harriet Tubman

For Social Studies we have to research about a famous female back then when slavery existed. Harriet Tubman was the person we were researching about and we have to explain what she was famous for and how she would help slaves escape.


Primary Sources
Learnodo
HISTORY


Secondary Sources
Harriet Tubman Facts
MyHistory - Harriet Tubman
Biography - Harriet Tubman

What have I learnt from this

I learnt that a person from the past or even a single person can make a huge impact on the world and America wasn't the best country to be when you're different race or colour. 

I learnt that colours back then weren't treated equally making it a miserable life for people who were black back then.

What I already knew
I knew that the black skin colour was treated as slaves but not to this degree.

Why was Harriet Tubman a Important Figure

Harriet was a important figure because she saved many lives back then and she probably inspired people to do the same she did so many more lives got saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.