Pages

Monday 25 March 2019

English - Creating Writing - Narrative Reflection

For English we had been working on theses creative writing tasks that include setting, creating a character, opening sentences and many more that also included can do's. Our final task to reflect on everything we've done so far for the past 2 to 3 weeks.

What new things have you learned? How is this going to help you to be a better creative writer? Use complete sentences to be specific 

I learnt new creative writing techniques such as using sentence openers which can drag the reader in. I learnt how to apply sensory language and how to make your writing more living by adding in characters or actions. This will help me in future writing tasks because I have more techniques at my dispose.

What activities did you enjoy from this unit of work? Why?

I enjoyed making my own protagonist and writing about settings using various techniques because I got to reinforce new techniques I learnt and I get to be creative as I want.

Which Styles of learning work best for you? Can you identify any obstacles to your learning?

I liked to communicate with my friends because we get to share ideas and talking with my friends can make up some ideas for my writing. The obstacles to my writing is writing about stuff I don't know about cause I have to get use to it before using it correctly. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jason, I really like how you've placed your blog post so neatly. It makes it easier to read and understand what you are reflecting on. I can understand why you would want to write along with your peers, it is really fun and they can provide you with ideas and critique your writing themselves. Maybe next time you could show some creativity and put some pictures in to brighten up the blog post.

    Jessica.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.