Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2019

English - Settings

For this activity I have to write about settings. There are two parts to this activity the setup and the backdrop. I have to include sensory language in these 3 short descriptions.

Setup

1.  A full moon was above us and the howling in the distance echoed. The ominous castle gave us goosebumps and I think there was a silhouette of a man.
2.  I could hear water dripping but I couldn't see where I was, maybe if I look harder I might make out this skinny distinct shape and figure out where I might be.

3.  I looked out through the window but I didn't see any sign of life other than spheres and white looking crosses. I moved around but I didn't hear anything, I shouted but no response, perhaps I'm all alone.

Setting as Backdrops
For this task I have to bring some life to a setting by adding actions to the descriptions.

It was the evening, the orange sky and the sun could be clearly seen. I laid down in the park and watched people walk by and some even played sports this late. This was my favourite spot because you can feel the fresh breeze going over your face and hear the noise of people talking.


1 comment:

  1. Hello jason,I really like your stories,Something i like about them is the way you made it kinda spooky and something that you could work on is using different writing styles like similes or metaphors ect.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.