Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2019

Science - Nobel Prize Winners Research - Nadia Murad

For science class we are doing research on a Nobel Prize winner instead of doing book work because we would be all working on the same person and it would be boring since some people won't understand what the Nobel Prize is. I chose the person Nadia Murad because it's not about academy but about humans.

Who Are They?

Nadia Murad is a Iraqi Yazidi human rights activist. She was subjected to sexual assault and kidnapping. Nadia Murad was born into a farming family in Kojo, Iraq. - Britannica & Nobel Prize

What did they do?

Nadia Murad decided to help women and children who was subjected to inhumane abuse and human trafficking. However what I believe that lead her to help people was that she was also a victim of abuse and human trafficking.  - Nobel Prize

What got them the Nobel Prize?

Through her hard work and determination to help people what she's been through; human trafficking and abuse. Nadia also gave some speeches.  - Nobel Prize

What are the effects today of what they achieved?

Victims of human trafficking has received support from her so the victims might've recovered from such an abuse. Nadia might've inspired other people to do the same, leading less people to depression or other negative effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.