Pages

Wednesday 31 July 2019

English Written Text - Relating to the Real World - Chapter 36 Zelie

Children of Blood and Bone Writing Prompt for Chapter 36.

Chapter 36 - Zélie
“Those are father’s words, Inan. His decisions. Not yours. We are our own
people. We make our own choices.”
“But he’s right.” Inan’s voice cracks. “If we don’t stop magic, Orïsha will fall.”

His eyes return to me, and I tighten my grip on my staff. Try it, I want to bark.
I’m done running away.
Amari redirects Inan’s line of vision, her delicate hands cupping the back of his
head.
“Father is not the future of Orïsha, brother. We are. We stand on the right side
of this. You can stand there, too.”
Inan stares at Amari, and for a moment I don’t know who he is. The ruthless
captain; the little prince; the scared and broken maji? There’s a longing in his
eyes, a desire to give up the fight. But when he lifts his chin, the killer I know

comes back.

This is could be compared to someone who believes someone so much that he is willing to carry out any duty for that person even if it's stupid. Then, later on, he or she would feel conflicted when talking to someone they know very well but in the end, the person won't know what's right or wrong and just do whatever he feels is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.