Pages

Monday 29 July 2019

English Written Text - Relating to the Real World - Chapter 26 Inan

Our third writing prompt for the book Children of Blood and Bone it's about a man chasing after someone with special powers while he has these abilities as well.

Chapter 26 - Inan

“How long?” she breathes. “How long have you been a maji?”
She hisses the word like it’s a curse. Like I’m the spitting image of Lekan. Not
the boy she’s known since birth. The soldier she’s trained for years.
“The girl infected me. It’s not permanent.”
“You’re lying.” Her lips peel back in disgust. “Are you…are you working with
her?”
“No! I was looking for clues!” I step forward. “I know where she is–”
“Stay back!” Kaea screams. I freeze, hands in the air. There’s no recognition in
her eyes.

Only unbridled fear.

This could be compared to when you betray someone you know since around birth without really acknowledging it. Then you try to convince them that this betrayal is false but it in end it doesn't work and you panic and probably something bad happens in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.