Pages

Tuesday 30 July 2019

English Written Text - Relating to The Real World - Chapter 33 Zelie

This writing prompt is about a girl and her group winning in a hunger games kind of thing or a battle royale. Later then she feels guilty of winning because she was just killing people for the sake of magic.

Chapter 33 – Zélie
Gods help us. I close my eyes, trying to drown the tragedy out. Through it all,
the cheers never stop. The praise never ends. As we stand on the platform, the
crowd rejoices as if there’s a reason to celebrate this bloodbath.
Beside me, Tzain holds me close; he hasn’t really let go since he carried me
from the ship. He keeps his expression vacant, but I can sense his remorse.
Though the competitor in him has prevailed, we’re still covered in the blood of
those who have fallen. We may have triumphed, but this is no victory.

A message I take from this scene is that if you win in something really competitive and other people are participating when having an overwhelmingly advantage it makes you feel no accomplishment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.