Pages

Friday 26 July 2019

Social Studies - Boomerangs

For Social Studies class we have been researching the background of boomerangs. We've researched the origin, the stories it told, and more such as the design.

What was the purpose of this activity?

I think the purpose of this activity is to know more about how the Aboriginals hunted animals for food. The boomerang was one of the main weapons the Aboriginals used for hunting animals and it had many forms for different purposes such as training the kids. This was one of the few things I found out.

The Story on my Boomerang

 One side has an orange color and the other side has a dark blue color while the middle is black with spots of white. The other side of the boomerang is just two plain colors black and white. The Orange represents the sun since the heat was harsh in Australia. The blue represents the rain because the rain was kind of a good and bad thing because the rain would cool you down but it would be cold as well. The black in the middle represents the night sky and the white spot means the stars. The other side with white and black just represents the moon and the night sky which you could see.

What went well painting my boomerang

The colors of paint that I needed weren't so hard to get. The painting itself was already easy enough because it was simple. Basically, everything went well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.