Pages

Wednesday 24 July 2019

English Written Text - Relating to The World World - Chapter 23

This is the second quote we are writing about in the book Children of Blood and Bone. This quote is about chapter 23 when they find out they use people to fight amongst each other for glory.

Chapter 23 Quote

Metal gates fly open on the sides of the arena floor, and an endless flow of
water rushes in. This has to be a mirage. Yet liter after liter flows in. The water
covers the metal ground, crashing with the expanse of a sea.

“How is this possible?” I hiss under my breath, remembering the laborers no

more than skin and bone. So many dying for water and they waste it on this?

What this could be compared to

This can be compared to some countries in our world that make their people work for them. The people get minimal pay but most of their money goes toward someone high up. The person high up gets to spend the money on themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.