Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2019

Science - Land Yacht/ Wind Racer

In science we are going to build a land yacht and then have a competition with them to see who's the fastest.

Aim: To make the fastest land yacht and win the competition.

Method: 

  • Make Fins/Wings out of paper 
  • Make a sail out of paper
  • Use Cupboard as support
Results:

We came second but we could've came first if ours didn't fall over. Our time and distance were kind of close to first place but they could've been way ahead of us if there wasn't anything block their path.

Our distance travelled - 19.8m
Our Time - 15.1 Seconds
Our Velocity - 1.311

1st Place Distance Travelled - 23.2
1st Place Time - 18.12 Seconds
1st Place Velocity - 1.28

Velocity Formula - Velocity = Distance/Time

Discussion

This activity was fun but I wish we got more time to build so we can make ours the fastest.

Conclusion 

This activity was kind of hard because there are different factors that affect the balance and speed of the land yacht when your outside cause today it was windy.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.