Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2019

Science - Cloning

For science our new topic is about cloning, how it's done and should it be used in certain ways.

Process of Cloning

1. Skin cell that contains 46 chromosomes is taken from a organism.

2. Egg cell containing 23 chromosomes is taken from a donor.

3. The Nuclei is removed from both cells

4. The nucleus containing all 46 chromosomes is inserted into the donor egg cell.

5. The egg cell now contains all the instructions to recreate that organism where the skin cell came from.

6. The egg is now surgically inserted into the donor's womb.

Source - Year 10 Scipad Book 2

The Ethics of Cloning
This part is where I answer various questions about cloning. These questions are from the Scipad

Cloning endangered animals to prevent extinction
I agree as long the animal doesn't cause any harm because why not have more animals.

Cloning highly reproductive plants and animals for resources.
I agree as long they are treated fairly because everyone is trying to survive but it's cruel using other organisms for our needs.

Cloning an victim of terminal disease.
I disagree because this is just cruel especially if they are used for research purposes.

Cloning people for military uses.
I disagree because not only the people used for military uses are suffering but also the people giving birth to them.

Cloning humans for organs
I disagree because this is just saving a life while making it miserable for another.

Cloning famous people for advancement towards the human race.
I disagree because this is kind of an cruel experiment by forcing them to be smarter than before.

Image result for cloning
Picture Source


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.