Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2019

Science - Heart Attacks

In Science we have to research about heart attacks. What causes them, how to prevent it, treatments and Symptoms. 

What is a Heart Attack?

Heart attacks are when the flow of blood is blocked by a blood clot preventing oxygen from getting in.

How to Prevent it?

  • Don't Smoke
  • Having a balanced diet
  • Having your blood pressure at a healthy level.

Source - NHS 

Treatment for Heart Attacks

Treatment depends on the severity of heart attacks but here are some.


  • Providing extra oxygen.
  • Medicine(s)
  • Cardiac Rehab
  • Surgery

Symptoms of Heart Attacks

Here are some symptoms you might experience during heart attacks
  • Pain in Multiple Areas
  • Dizziness
  • Sweating
  • Shortness of Breath
  • Parts of body will feel uncomfortable or tight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.