Pages

Monday 6 May 2019

Science - Model Atoms

For our first practical task in science, we had to make an atom model using beads, tape, blue tac, paper, and string. I used helium as my atom model.

Aim: to make a model atom
Equipment: Paper, Tape, Beads, Blue Tac, and String

Method: First I used 4 beads with the color red and green which are the colors for the protons and neutrons and only 4 because helium has an atomic number of 2. Then I put it into the strand of string causing it to hang in mid-air. I used paper to make a cutout circle and then colored in two dotes showing the electrons. Lastly, I attached the helium letters which are He.

Discussion: 
Where do you find the protons? - You can find them in the nucleus
Size of atoms - They are really small that a microscope can't see them.
Charge - I'm pretty sure it's zero

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.