Pages

Thursday 27 September 2018

English: Film study - Understanding the Importance of Setting to a Film

This week at English we had to understand the importance of a setting for a film/movie. The movie setting we're researching about is Dragonheart directed by Rob Cohen.

The setting of Dragonheart was in a European country Slovakia. I believe the director chose this location was because of the wide natural land and vast amounts of castle, perfect for a medieval theme movie. The filming for the movie began in July 1994 in Slovakia.

How were the lives of the civilians people in the film.

The lives of peasants back then was enslaved for the nobles to help them build their castle, farm foods for them and used in lots of other ways.

Nobles lives in the film was just living in luxury since you could enslave people to do your work and if they don't obey you, you could just execute them.

We see this when Einon becomes king and then use the peasants as tools for building his castle. 

How did the location they chose link with the historical setting.

Slovakia was the location they chose and I believe that was actually a good location because nowadays it's just modern building, sculptures and decorations. Slovakia was different though it had lots of land and castles like I said before perfect for a medieval theme movie.

Pictures of Slovakia

Image result for slovakia

Source - CNN

Image result for slovakia

Source - Reddit



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.