Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2018

Science: Water Cycle in Action

Watching the Water Cycle in Action

Aim: To observe the basic processes of the water cycle.

Equipment: 200 mL beaker, watch glass, ice cubes, Bunsen burner, tripod gauze mat.

Method:

1. Fill the beaker with approximately 100 mL of water and place on a tripod over a Bunsen burner.

2. Fill the watch glass with a few pieces of ice and leave it on the bench.

3. Light the Bunsen burner and heat the water until it just starts to simmer. Do not boil the water.

4. Turn the Bunsen burner off and gently place the watch glass and ice on top of the beaker.

Observations:

This science experiment we had to make a artificial water cycle with ice and water.  What I saw was water in the bottom level of the beaker then in the high part of the beaker was steam. and at the top it was just ice I believe.

What really happened?

The water evaporated by the Bunsen burner which steam rose to the top of the beaker. 

Important Words.

Evaporation - Liquid turning into gas form

Transpiration: Water goes from the plant then to the Atmosphere

Condensing - Water vapour turns into liquid or gas turns into liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.