Pages

Friday 25 May 2018

Science - Refraction

Investigating Refraction - Bending Light

Aim: To investigate how light is affected by changing the substance it is travelling through.

Equipment: Ray Box, power source, glass or perspex block, single-slit ray slide.

Method: Collect the equipment from your teacher, and set them up to produce a single beam of light.


Part A: We had to place a glass block on the book protractor on the bottom side and see what was the angle of refraction. Here are our results

10 Degrees - 8
20 Degrees - 15
30 Degrees - 20
40 Degrees - 25

Part B: is just the opposite, glass block on top of the protractor

10 Degrees - 5
20 Degrees - 15
30 Degrees - 20
40 Degrees - 75


2 comments:

  1. I like how you made the font big, making it easier for people to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you told us what we need and what your aim is.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.