Pages

Tuesday 29 May 2018

English - Merchant of Venice - Act 1Questions

Act One Scene One
1. Antonio is depressed without knowing why. What Two possible reasons do his friends suggest? 1a. His friend, Salarino said that he's too worried about his ships since he thinks they sunk. 1b. Also his friend said he's enjoying life too much

2. Do you think Gratiano's contributions help Antonio's mood? 
I think it helped Antonio a bit after Gratiano's lecture on life.

3. What are your first impressions on Bassino
My first impression on Bassino was that he a man asks for something but he returns it back.

4. Yes Bassino is in love with a rich girl, Portia

5. Bassino has to borrow money to marry Portia
Act One Scene Two 6. How do Portia's First words compare to Antonio's
Portia's first word says her poor is tired of this little world while Antonio says why is he sad so it's kind of simliar

7. What is the reason for her mood?
There are too much people after her and all of them don't fit Portia's taste.

8. Nerissa is kind of a help to her since she's like a maid like having information that Portia needs.

9. Sum up Portia's attitude towards the suitors.
Savage


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.