Pages

Friday 12 March 2021

Art - Design - Update on my Work

 This is now the 6th week of school and a lot of things had happened since. Anyway since this is art blog post I'll be updating on what things we have done for the past weeks.


Near the beginning we made our colours and then cut shapes out of them to make 6 different designs with my shapes and colours.


We also learnt about negative space on what it means and how it can impact our work. Negative space is the space around your work. It usually is the space that isn't used to create additional meaning/work.


We then uploaded our designs to the computers so we can work on them using Adobe Illustrator. Adobe Illustrator was confusing as I was using it for the first time but I've got more comfortable with it now.


Using Adobe Illustrator we played around with our shapes and try to make even more designs and then develop on them. Since I had pretty basic shapes it was kind of hard for me to make complicated designs so I had the idea to base my work kind of on
the art movement minimalism.


Now at the present I'm creating/thinking of ideas for my company name and purpose. I decided to stick with the name Sed Consilio for now. This means Contrast Designs in Latin but I'll probably change it in the future as I may want to work on different approach to my work.


Here are photos of my work.








1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jason, I like the name. It is interesting and makes you want to repeat it to yourself, which is important in branding. You have the letters SC that you could have a play with on illustrator using these designs in behind them, or recreate with the forms that you have. We will be moving back onto practical work next week. Can you please also screen shot your write your brief doc and then discuss that in reference to this post?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.