Pages

Monday 15 August 2022

Art - Update and Week 4 Do Now

For this Art blog post, I will share my progress on my design developments so far. This will also include a document that details what I'm going to do for the remainder of the week. So far I have some vague ideas on what I will do this week. I would like to focus on the 3.1 and 3.2 assessments as that is something I have to complete and it may help me with my designs along the way as well. Anyway, I'll like to share some pictures of my progress so far with my designs. I have changed a few things to maybe help me create a more effective design.

My Do Now's

I was given a document where I would write what I would do at the beginning of each day in Art Class. I have given myself some stuff to do that might hopefully benefit me. Each do now I've given myself is quite vague as I plan to mostly play around with this new style of design I'm going for. Anyways here is the Document.

Logo/Poster Design 







The image above was one of my poster developments. This poster development changed quite a lot of what I was going to design originally. It changed my company's name from Abstracity to Abstrac. The reason why is probably easy to tell from the image above. I had to change the company name to help my logo belong in the company itself, which could be a design element. Overall I believe it is a good change as it looks pretty clean. This design also made me change the overall theme of my designs. Currently, I'm striving for a minimalistic abstract approach to all my designs as I believe it fits the overall theme of the company itself. The poster development also linked to logo development as well. 

Right below are some previous poster developments before I got to the point above.



Bit of Development on the Poster


The image above shows some development I did to try and make that T in the logo pop out a bit more. I don't know if it looks better or not compared to the previous one at the very top. I plan to just work on both the poster and logo a bit more and hopefully something will come to mind that'll be effective.


Next Steps:


Currently, I'm trying to find ways to further develop both the logo and poster. Although, I'm quite satisfied with what my designs are looking like right now. I'm still planning whether to use red and black as my color palette or potentially include different shades of both colors to increase variety in my designs as well.













No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.