Pages

Monday 25 July 2022

Art - Catch-Up Blogposts (Blog post 7)

Here is a blog post dedicated to catching up on the previous blog posts that I haven't done yet. This is blogpost 7 out of 11 (unless there's more that I don't know more of)
Blog post 7:

This blog post topic was about getting inspiration for our posters. We achieve this by having pieces of colored paper, cutting them up into shapes, and then using them to form some sort of final shape that'll help us generate ideas. We were asked to also focus on certain elements as well. Here are those elements

  • Repetition

  • Positive and negative space

  • Framing

  • Cropping

  • Scale

  • Layering


Here are my final shapes that were to help me generate poster ideas.



                                Bridge (Normal Orientation)                                           Suit (Flipped Orientation)

For this 'shape', I labeled this one as the bridge. Although this may not be a bridge that you might find outside because I tried approaching it abstractly. In this poster idea, I still had the plan to use a centerline (one that you'll find on a road) to help relate my designs to a city sort of theme. But the main focus on this poster was how you viewed it in different orientations. From an unchanged orientation, it was supposed to represent an abstract bridge with a centerline, but, if you were to flip the poster upside-down or 180 degrees it would look like a collar part of a suit. At first, I really like the idea of this, as it was cool to have like 2 different shapes when viewed from different orientations, but, as I'm writing this from a point where I have tried developing it, I found it was quite hard to develop into an attractive design that I'll like. I might've been approaching the development the wrong way.

I believe that this poster didn't really use much of those elements that I was suppoused to focus on, other than repetition of the centerline dashes and maybe a bit of layering as well.




Attempted Development of the Bridge/Suit poster


T-Shirt poster made by using shapes


Different color variants of the T-shirt Poster.

Here is my other poster idea I did by cutting up shapes and rearranging them. For this poster, It felt more like an experiment to see what I could do by having different colors interact with each other. At this point, I tried using colorful colors and blending them together to see what I could come up with. As I'm writing this from a point where I'm far past the idea of generating posters and have tried developing these 2 poster ideas, I felt it was limited with the development of these two and have proceeded with a different approach on my designs. Although I had a bit of fun trying different colors on this poster with the T-shirt, and maybe that helped me find out what colors I really wanted to use.

Note: The colors used above don't appear bright as I wanted them to be. This is because printing them through a printer might've affected the colors, causing them to be darker and less colorful.

This T-shirt poster does show more of those elements that we were supposed to focus on. In the different color variants picture, the T-shirt poster that only uses black and white do have some sort of negative/positive space going on. This looks like it creates a big 'color strip' on the middle of the poster. There is repetition going on but nothing too crazy other than the color stripes on the poster. Layering could also be an element as in some color variants the T-shirt looks like it's popping out.





1 comment:

  1. I like the colors that he used for the poster. I think that Jason is doing a clothing line for men. The colors that he used were unnatural for a clothing brand for men. This is good because he pulled it off. The white coloured shirt is the focal point of the poster. This is because it is the only thing that doesn’t have color.
    I can see that Jason used a repetition of rectangles to create stripes for his poster.I think that what Jason is trying to convey is that the shirt is off limits or need to proceed with caution.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.